The Submission Portal is a major feature of Zengine that is crucial to the functioning of grant, scholarship, and a range of other programs. At its most basic level, the Submission Portal is where portal users can submit their applications and related information. This data can then be viewed and managed by administrators in a Zengine workspace. However, submission portals also offer a multitude of other tools and features that assist administrators in managing the full lifecycle of a program.
Submission portals offer a wide array of customizable configuration options, allowing program administrators to create a unique submission portal that is specifically tailored to their individual program. Because of the depth of these options, and the different features and tools that administrators can make use of, WizeHive’s Knowledge Base contains a number of different articles on building and customizing a submission portal.
Article Collection Description
Here is how the articles included in this collection are organized:
- Three main articles serve as central hubs that link out to the other articles and organize this material in different ways.
- Introduction to Submission Portals (this article) details the suggested learning paths and lists other articles in approximate order of complexity and difficulty.
- Submission Portal Settings describes how to access the configuration settings for a submission portal and lists other articles according to where the configuration can be found in the Submission Portal Settings.
- Building a Submission Portal explains the process for creating a basic submission portal, with other articles listed in a suggested order for expanding and customizing a new portal that has just been created.
- Two other articles provide explanations of key concepts that are critical to understand for any administrator who wants to build their own portal, or add functionality and customization to an existing portal.
- Submission Portal Key Concepts: Beginner explains the way a submission portal interacts with the Zengine workspace and the basic structural components of a portal. Appropriate for those with no or relatively little experience managing submission portals.
- Submission Portal Key Concepts: Intermediate expands on these concepts with more complexity and depth. Appropriate for those with an intermediate level of knowledge and/or experience managing and configuring portals.
- About 50 short configuration articles that explain how to enable, edit, or set up only one or a few configuration options in the Submission Portal Settings. These can be searched for, or are listed in the main three articles.
The following table appears at the top of the main articles and provides a summary of content in each.
To organize this expansive collection of submission portal articles, WizeHive has created different learning paths to help orient, educate, and empower clients to learn about and manage their submission portals.
The articles are organized into three levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
- Beginner articles will take users through the foundational concepts of a submission portal, as well as introduce many of the main settings.
- The intermediate and advanced articles cover more complex topics that build on a general understanding of the main concepts and functions within a submission portal (particularly the Submission Portal Key Concepts: Intermediate articles). To guide users, these articles have recommendations for other articles on various submission portal features or functions to know about before tackling the intermediate or advanced topic.
Beginner Learning Path
These are the recommended articles to read as a beginner to Zengine Submission Portals. The articles are listed in order to build on the concepts learned, but feel free to skip around if a topic is already familiar.
If you are new to submission portals or want a thorough review of the basics, start here.
Main Article to Read First
- The Submission Portal URL
- Submission Portal Login Page Text
- Submission Portal Header Image
- Submission Portal Font
- Changing the Name of the Homepage, Profile, Stages, or Steps in a Submission Portal
- Profile Section Header Text (Submission Portal)
- Editing the Submission Card Section Header
- The Submission Page Description
- Enable Submission Portal Help Page
- Submission Portal Start Date
- Submission Portal Email Display Name
- Submission Portal Background Color
Intermediate Learning Path
These are the recommended articles to read as an intermediate user to Zengine Submission Portals. The articles are listed in order to build on the concepts learned, but feel free to skip around if a topic is already familiar.
If you have started with the Beginner path and feel comfortable moving on, or already possess some experience and knowledge managing or configuring submission portals, this is a great place to continue your journey.
Main Article to Read First
Additional Main Articles
Once you have read Submission Portal Key Concepts: Intermediate, you may be ready to explore configuration articles from the Submission Portal Settings article, or by following suggested steps for building your own submission portal.
- Submission Portal Card Colors
- Customize the Stage Completion Button
- Submission Portal Stage Pre- and Post-Completion Text
- Step Description Text
- Step Page Text
- Editing Field Labels for the Profile in the Submission Portal
- Editing Field Labels for a Step in the Submission Portal
- Editing Field Help Text for the Profile in the Submission Portal
- Editing Field Help Text for a Step in the Submission Portal
- Submission Portal Stage Deadline
- Submission Date Capture
- Delete a Submission Portal Stage
- Add a Step to a Submission Portal Stage
- Change the Order of Steps in the Submission Portal
- Delete a Submission Portal Step
- Move a Step to a Different Stage in the Submission Portal
- Make a Step Optional in the Submission Portal
- Change Folder(s) Associated with a Submission Portal Stage
- Changing Field Order for the Profile in the Submission Portal
- Changing Field Order for a Step in the Submission Portal
- Showing or Hiding Fields for the Profile in the Submission Portal
- Showing or Hiding Fields for a Step in the Submission Portal
- User Consent Messaging (Submission Portal)
- User Consent Reports (Submission Portal)
- Submission Portal Language Translation
- Enable Google Analytics/Tracking for Submission Portal Visitors
- Submission Portal Inline Frame Code
Advanced Learning Path
These are the recommended articles to read as an advanced user to Zengine Submission Portals. These configuration articles involve complex settings or concepts that necessitate a strong understanding of workspaces, submission portals, and program management. Some may also affect other features or settings, or require an in-depth understanding of form relationships and how to change them.
If you feel comfortable making configuration changes at the Intermediate level, you are probably ready for these. Otherwise, contact WizeHive’s Support Team if you are interested in applying any of these to your submission portal.
- Add a Submission Portal Stage
- Change the Order of Submission Portal Stages
- Make a Step View Only
- Prevent Edits to the Profile in a Submission Portal
- Configure Listing Steps
- Customize the Listing Page
- Prevent Portal Users from Deleting Listing Items
- Profile Mapping
- Enable Multiple Submissions per Profile in a Submission Portal
- Progress Reporting