- Where to Find the Submission Portal URL
- Changing the Submission Portal URL
- Copying the Full Submission Portal URL
As a program administrator, you may want to access the full URL of the Submission Portal to include in emails or publish on your organization’s website. In addition, you may need to change the URL at some point. For example, when a Submission Portal is first created, a string of random letters and numbers will be generated to create the URL slug; the first thing that many administrators do is change this to something more appropriate for the program or organization.
This article will cover how to find the Submission Portal URL, copy the full URL for distribution, and how to customize the URL slug.
Where to Find the Submission Portal URL
In the Submission Portal Settings, the Submission Portal URL can be customized on the Portal Settings page.
To access the Submission Portal URL:
- Logged into a program as an administrator, navigate to the Settings & Tools section by selecting the cog wheel icon in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Submission Portal tile from the Plugin Settings section.
- Select the Edit button to the appropriate submission portal.
The Submission Portal URL section is at the top of the General Settings tab of the Portal Settings page. This is the landing page upon entering the Submission Portal Settings.
Changing the Submission Portal URL
The second part of the full URL is called the URL slug, and can be changed.
To edit the URL slug:
- Select the text box where the URL slug is located.
- Edit the URL slug as needed.
- After all changes are made as needed, select the blue Save all settings button in the lower right corner of the screen.
URL Slug Limitations
There are some limitations to customizing the submission portal URL:
- The first part of the URL, https://webportalapp.com/sp/, is not editable.
- Only lowercase letters, numbers, dashes, and underscores can be used in the customized URL.
- Spaces are not allowed.
- The URL slug must be unique; the URL slug cannot be one that has been used by a different submission portal.
Copying the Full Submission Portal URL
To copy the full URL of the Submission Portal:
- Select the Copy Submission Portal URL button to the right of the URL.
- A popup appears with the full URL displayed, allowing the URL to be copied and pasted elsewhere.
- After copying the URL, select the Close button to close the popup.