- The Purpose of the Email Display Name
- Where to Find the Setting
- How to Customize the Email Display Name
In a Zengine submission portal, workspace administrators can customize the email display name for the automated emails that get sent from the submission portal. This article will go over where to find this setting and how to change it.
The Purpose of the Email Display Name
The Email Display Name is the name that email recipients will see in the From field within their email program when receiving a message from the submission portal itself. This includes the email sent when a portal user selects Forgot Password? on the login screen. Other emails (such as Bulk Emails or Auto Emails) originate from a different source and will use different configuration settings.
The purpose of this setting is to clarify the origins of an email message that is sent to recipients.
Where to Find the Email Display Name Setting
In the Submission Portal Settings, the Submission Portal Email Display Name can be added or changed on the General Settings tab of the Portal Settings page.
To find the Submission Portal Email Display Name:
- Logged into a program as an administrator, navigate to the Settings & Tools section by selecting the cog wheel icon in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Submission Portal tile from the Plugin Settings section.
- Select the Edit button to the appropriate submission portal.
- In the Portal Settings section on the right side of the screen, navigate to the General Settings tab if it was not the landing page.
- Selecting the General Settings tab will change the contents of the right side of the screen if it is not already visible. The Submission Portal Email Display Name is found towards the top of the page and is shown in the highlighted section of the image below.
How to Customize the Email Display Name
After navigating to the General Settings tab of the Portal Settings page:
- Select the text box that reads Web Portal App. This is the default suggested text.
- Edit the display name as needed.
- To save any changes made on this screen, select the blue Save all settings button in the lower right corner of the screen.
Please note the sending email address will always be email@example.com. Only the display name can be changed. If the Email Display Name is not edited or customized, all emails will appear to come from the display name Web Portal App.