- The Purpose of Login Text
- Where to Find the Login Text Formatting Area
- How to Customize Login Text
In a Zengine submission portal, much of the text that a portal user encounters can be customized. The first customizable text that a portal user will encounter is on the user Login screen. This article provides information and instruction around editing the text that appears on this page.
The Purpose of Login Text
The Login Text formatting area allows an administrator to create, edit, and format the text that applicants or portal users will see on the submission portal login screen.
The text that appears on a submission portal login screen is intended to orient a portal user who has just arrived to the portal website, as well as provide basic login instructions. The screenshot below demonstrates where the login text is located (highlighted with a red box) and provides an example.
However, the default login screen text can be customized to align more with a particular program’s purpose and interest. The Login Text formatting area in the Submission Portal Settings allows an administrator to create, edit, and format the text that applicants or portal users will see on the submission portal login screen.
Where to Find the Login Text Formatting Area
In the Submission Portal Settings, the option to access and change the Login Text on the Submission Portal landing page can be found on the Users tab of the Portal Settings page.
To find the Login Text formatting box:
- Logged into a program as an administrator, navigate to the Settings & Tools section by selecting the cog wheel icon in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Submission Portal tile from the Plugin Settings section.
- Select the Edit button to the appropriate submission portal.
- In the Portal Settings section on the right side of the screen, navigate to the Users tab.
- Selecting the Users tab will change the contents of the right side of the screen. The Login Text formatting area is shown in the highlighted section of the image and is found close to the top of the page.
How to Customize Login Text
After navigating to the Users tab of the Portal Settings:
- Select inside the formatting area to create, edit, and format the program’s login text. Generally, this is text that provides welcome instructions on the login screen for applicants.
- Create, edit, and format the Login Text as needed. Within the Login Text box, there are several standard formatting options available to customize the appearance of the text, including changing the font and text size; displaying text as bold, italicized, or underlined; changing font highlights or text colors; changing text alignment; adding bulleted or numbered lists; and adding hyperlinks.
Hovering over or selecting the eye icon under the Login Text label shows an example of where the text will be on the login screen, with a green, shaded box with lines representing potential text. The preview box does not show what has been written, however.
- To save any changes made on this screen, select the blue Save all settings button in the lower right corner of the screen.