This article is considered appropriate for administrators or workspace users with an intermediate level of knowledge about submission portals. If you are a beginner, we recommend reading the following article first:
For more information about suggested learning paths, see Introduction to Submission Portals: START HERE.
- Where to Find the Setting
- Customize User Consent Messaging
- User Consent Messaging Portal Experience
User Consent is something every website that collects user information must consider, as well as communicate to users how their information is captured and stored. The submission portal offers program administrators an opportunity to provide information to portal users on how their data will be handled after it is collected, and portal users must consent to this message on the submission portal login screen before continuing.
If a program needs to provide a description of how a user’s information will be collected and handled and require a user to consent before continuing, the User Consent Messaging section can be activated and customized.
This article provides information and instruction around that setting in a Zengine program’s Submission Portal.
Where to Find the Setting
In the Submission Portal Settings, the option to configure User Consent Messaging can be found on the Users tab of the Portal Settings page.
To find the User Consent Messaging formatting box:
- Logged into a program as an administrator, navigate to the Settings & Tools section by selecting the cog wheel icon in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Submission Portal tile from the Plugin Settings section.
- Select the Edit button to the appropriate submission portal.
- In the Portal Settings section on the right side of the screen, navigate to the Users tab.
- Selecting the Users tab will change the contents of the right side of the screen. The User Consent Messaging area is shown in the highlighted section of the image and is found by scrolling down the page.
Customize User Consent Messaging
To activate and customize the User Consent Messaging:
- Select the checkbox next to Add a block of consent messaging to the login screen.
- A formatting area will open where the consent message can be added, edited, and formatted.
There are several standard formatting options available to customize the appearance of the text, including changing the font and text size; displaying text as bold, italicized, or underlined; changing font highlights or text colors; changing text alignment; adding bulleted or numbered lists; and creating hyperlinks.
- To save any changes made on this screen, select the blue Save all settings button in the lower right corner of the screen.
User Consent Messaging Portal Experience
If a program administrator has elected to add a block of consent messaging, this text will appear on the submission portal login screen. The portal user must indicate their consent to this message by checking the box next to the message before they can select Continue and log into the submission portal.
The portal user must consent to this message the first time they access the portal, and/or upon the first time logging in after the consent message is updated by program administrators.