- The Purpose of the Submissions Page Description
- Where to Find the Submissions Page Description Settings
- Adding or Editing the Submissions Page Description
In the Submission Portal, the Submissions Page is the screen that contains the different Stages and Steps that a portal user is in the process of completing or has already completed. This article will detail how to change the text that appears at the top of this page, referred to as the Submission Page Description.
The Purpose of the Submission Page Description
Adding a Submissions Page Description is typically done to provide information to portal users about what actions they need to take from the Submissions Page.
The following screenshot provides an example of what the Submissions Page can look like to portal users.
The sections of the page are as follows:
A. The Record Name of the Primary form. (This will vary depending on which field is designated as the Record Name for the Primary form, and what portal users enter into that designated field.)
B. The Submissions Page Description. (The topic of this article.)
C. The Stage information.
D. The Step information. (More than one Step may exist for a particular Stage.)
Where to Find the Submissions Page Description Settings
In the Submission Portal Settings, the Submissions Page Description can be added or edited on the Submissions Section Settings page.
To access the Submission Page Description setting:
- Logged into a program as an administrator, navigate to the Settings & Tools section by selecting the cog wheel icon in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Submission Portal tile from the Plugin Settings section.
- Select the Edit button to the appropriate submission portal.
- Select the Submissions link in the Portal Sections pane on the left side of the screen.
- Selecting Submissions in the Portal Sections panel will change the contents of the right panel and display the Submissions Section Settings, as shown below.
- The formatting box for the Submissions Page Description is at the top of the Submissions Section Settings page.
Adding or Editing the Submissions Page Description
After navigating to the Submission Page Description:
- Select inside the formatting area to create, edit, and format the program’s Submissions Page Description text. This section will be blank by default, meaning no text will be displayed until it is first added here.
There are several standard formatting options available to customize the appearance of the text, including changing the font and text size; displaying text as bold, italicized, or underlined; changing font highlights or text colors; changing text alignment; adding bulleted or numbered lists; and creating hyperlinks.
Hovering over or selecting the eye icon under the Submissions Page Description label shows an example of where the text will be on the Submissions Page screen, with a green, shaded box with lines representing potential text. The preview box does not show what has been written, however.
- After all changes are made as needed, select the blue Save all settings button in the lower right corner of the screen.