This article is considered appropriate for administrators or workspace users with an intermediate level of knowledge about submission portals. If you are a beginner, we recommend reading the following article first:
For more information about suggested learning paths, see Introduction to Submission Portals: START HERE.
- The Purpose of Google Analytics/Tracking
- Where to Find the Google Analytics/Tracking Setting
- Customize Google Analytics/Tracking
In a Zengine submission portal, program administrators can utilize Google Analytics/Tracking for the portal visitors and users. To use this feature successfully, administrators will need access to a Google Analytics account for their organization. This article provides information and instruction around that setting.
The Purpose of Google Analytics/Tracking
Enabling Google Analytics/Tracking in a program submission portal turns on the feature when the program is connected to a Google account. Google Analytics captures anonymous data from a user’s browser like general location, source, what links are visited, and so forth.
Where to Find the Google Analytics/Tracking Setting
In the Submission Portal Settings, the option to configure Google Analytics/Tracking can be found on the Users tab of the Step Settings page for the specific Step to be configured.
To find the Google Analytics/Tracking setting:
- Logged into a program as an administrator, navigate to the Settings & Tools section by selecting the cog wheel icon in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Submission Portal tile from the Plugin Settings section.
- Select the Edit button to the appropriate submission portal.
- In the Portal Settings section on the right side of the screen, navigate to the Users tab.
- Selecting the Users tab will change the contents of the right side of the screen. The checkbox to enable Google Analytics/Tracking is shown in the highlighted section of the image and is found by scrolling down to the bottom of the page.
Customize Google Analytics/Tracking
After navigating to the Users tab:
- Select the checkbox next to Enable.
- A confirmation message will appear; select the Confirm button if all criteria can be met.
- Complete the Google Analytics/Tracking information as required; follow the instructions provided on the screen to complete.
For more information on obtaining the necessary pieces, follow the links in the descriptions on the screen, or see the Google Support website.
- To save any changes made on this screen, select the blue Save all settings button in the lower right corner of the screen.