This article is considered appropriate for administrators or workspace users with an intermediate level of knowledge about submission portals. If you are a beginner, we recommend reading the following article first:
If the Submission Portal Card Colors are customized, the Submission Section Header needs to be updated to reflect the new colors. Please also see the following article on how to update the Submission Section Header:
For more information about suggested learning paths, see Introduction to Submission Portals: START HERE.
- The Purpose of the Submission Card Colors
- Where to Find the Setting
- Customize the Submission Card Colors
In a Zengine program, program administrators can customize the colors on a Submission Card that users see in a submission portal. The Submission Card represents a single application package and subsequent steps for a portal user, and the colors displayed on a Submission Card indicates whether an action is required of the portal user or not.
This article will go over where to find this setting and how to customize the colors that appear on a Submission Card.
The Purpose of the Submission Card Colors
Zengine offers the capability to match or best match a program’s branding in several ways. One of those is customizing the Submission Card colors. Submission Cards are used to indicate to a portal user which stage of the process their application is in, and whether or not action is required. If a program or organization has a specific color scheme associated with its branding, the Submission Card colors can be customized in Zengine to match the brand.
Submission Cards appear on the Homepage of a submission portal; portal users will select this card to access their Stages and Steps for an application package. An example of a Submission Card is highlighted in the screenshot below.
The Submission Card on the Homepage (highlighted in red)
Where to Find the Setting
In the Submission Portal Settings, the option to configure the Submission Portal Card Colors can be found on the Style tab of the Portal Settings page.
To find the Submission Portal Card Colors setting:
- Logged into a program as an administrator, navigate to the Settings & Tools section by selecting the cog wheel icon in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Submission Portal tile from the Plugin Settings section.
- Select the Edit button to the appropriate submission portal.
- In the Portal Settings section on the right side of the screen, navigate to the Style tab.
- The setting is in the middle to bottom of the page and is highlighted in the image below.
Customize the Submission Card Colors
Customization of a program’s submission portal includes the colors of the cards that portal users see. The colors have two categories:
- Action Required/Report Available: this category is active when the portal user has access to a Stage that requires an action to continue advancing through the program.
- External/Inactive Stage: this category is active when a portal user is in a Stage that does not require any action on their part, and is either waiting for an administrator to advance their application package to the next Stage, or is in the final Stage, marking the end of the program for that applicant.
To customize the Portal Card Colors after navigating to the Style tab:
- Select the box of the color to customize: Color, Hover Color, or Text Color.
- Once selected, using the color picker, choose the specific hue of the color that is best aligned with the organization or program’s branding.
- If the desired RBG color is known, enter it in the appropriate boxes.
- If the desired HEX code is known, enter it in the appropriate box.
- Repeat the above steps until the Color, Hover Color, and Text Color are set to the desired colors for the Action Required/Report Available card, as well as the External/Inactive Stage card.
- Adjust the Text Size as needed.
- Select the blue Save all settings button in the lower right corner of the screen to save the changes.
Please note: All newly created portals will have the default colors shown in the above images. Any portal created before July 2, 2019, will keep the old default colors (orange and lighter gray) unless changed by an administrator.
--- IMPORTANT ---
If the Submission Portal Card Colors are customized, the text that appears in the Submission Section Header on the Homepage Settings will need to be edited. The colors of the cards are referenced to applicants within this text.
For more information on changing the text that appears in the Submission Section Header, see the article Editing the Submission Card Section Header.