This article is considered appropriate for administrators or workspace users with an intermediate level of knowledge about submission portals. If you are a beginner, we recommend reading the following article first:
For more information about suggested learning paths, see Introduction to Submission Portals: START HERE.
- The Purpose of Customizing the Stage Completion Button
- Where to Find the Stage Completion Button Setting
- Changing the Appearance of the Stage Completion Button
- Submission Portal Experience
Within the Zengine Submission Portal, there are a number of customizable options to change the way that a submission portal looks for a portal user. The button that portal users select to submit a Stage when all required Steps have been completed is one of those customizable elements. This article covers how to change the text that appears on that button.
The Purpose of Customizing the Stage Completion Button
After a portal user completes all required Steps within a Stage, a green rectangular button appears in the upper right corner of the Stage, allowing the portal user to submit the Stage.
While the color and shape of the Stage Completion button cannot be changed, the text within the Stage Completion button is editable.
Editing the text that appears on the Stage Completion button can be useful if the default button text Submit does not align with the actual objective of the program Stage. For example, a program may want to customize this button to read Submit Application for the Application Intake Stage, or Finalize Acceptance when a portal user is preparing to complete the Award Acceptance Stage, as shown in the example screenshot below.
Where to Find the Stage Completion Button Setting
In the Submission Portal Settings, the text on the Stage Completion button can be customized on the Stage Settings page for the Stage which an administrator wishes to configure.
To customize the Stage Completion button:
- Logged into a program as an administrator, navigate to the Settings & Tools section by selecting the cog wheel icon in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Submission Portal tile from the Plugin Settings section.
- Select the Edit button to the appropriate submission portal.
- To customize the Stage Completion button, navigate to the Stage needing customization by selecting the appropriate link for the Stage in the Portal Sections pane on the left side of the screen. Multiple stages are highlighted in the screenshot below to show there may be more than one.
- Selecting a Stage in the Portal Sections panel will change the contents of the right panel and display the Stage Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the General Settings tab to find the Completion Button Name area.
Note that customizing a completion button can only be done for Required Stages. (For more information on Required and External Stages, see Submission Portal Key Concepts: Intermediate. For more information on configuring Stages and Steps, see Submission Portal Settings → Stage and Step Settings (section).)
Changing the Appearance of the Stage Completion Button
After navigating to the Completion Button Name area:
- Select the text in the box and edit as needed.
- After the Completion Button Name is edited as needed, select the blue Save all settings button in the lower right corner of the screen.
Submission Portal Experience
The default text for the Stage Completion button is Submit. The screenshot shown below provides an example of how the button looks to portal users.
In this example, if the Stage Completion button is edited to read Submit Intake Form, the result would be the screenshot shown below.