This article is considered appropriate for administrators or workspace users with an intermediate level of knowledge about submission portals. If you are a beginner, we recommend reading the following article first:
For more information about suggested learning paths, see Introduction to Submission Portals: START HERE.
The Stage Settings page in the Submission Portal Settings allows an administrator to customize the way a Stage looks and functions. This includes adding and managing Steps within a Required Stage. (Steps are the actions that need to be completed within a Stage, and are tied to forms set up in a Zengine workspace.)
This article will provide instructions on how to change the order in which Steps appear in a Stage to a submission portal user.
Where to Find the Setting
In the Submission Portal Settings, the option to change the order in which Steps appear for a Stage is located on the Stage Settings page for that specific Stage.
To access the Stage Settings:
- Logged into a program as an administrator, navigate to the Settings & Tools section by selecting the cog wheel icon in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Submission Portal tile from the Plugin Settings section.
- Select the Edit button to the appropriate submission portal.
- Navigate to the desired Stage in the Portal Sections pane on the left side of the screen. Multiple stages are highlighted in the screenshot below to show there may be more than one.
- Selecting a Stage in the Portal Sections panel will change the contents of the right panel and display the Stage Settings.
- Select the Steps tab.
Changing the Order of Steps in a Stage
The order in which the Steps appear on the Steps tab will determine how they appear to portal users in the submission portal. To change the order, after navigating to the Steps tab:
- A list of existing Steps already associated with this Stage will show on the screen; the screenshot below is an example. Located the step to be moved.
- Select one of the Steps on this screen and drag it to the preferred position in the order.
Note that the Step representing the Primary Form cannot be re-ordered. In the example above, this is represented by the Application Step at the top of the list which is shaded light blue. The Primary form must always appear first in the list of Steps and must be part of the first Stage that a portal user will encounter.
- After the Steps are ordered as needed, select the blue Save all settings button in the lower right corner of the screen.
The new order of the Steps will be reflected in the submission portal for any portal users that can access that Stage.