This article is considered appropriate for administrators or workspace users with an intermediate level of knowledge about submission portals. If you are a beginner, we recommend reading the following article first:
For more information about suggested learning paths, see Introduction to Submission Portals: START HERE.
- The Purpose of Step Page Text
- Where to Find the Step Page Text Setting
- Customize Step Page Text
In the Submission Portal, portal users will access each Step in a Stage from the Submissions Page before submitting the Stage. When accessing a Step, portal users will be taken to a form page (known as the Step Page) where they will fill out required fields, or questions, before that Step can be marked complete. Program administrators can customize the text that appears at the top of each Step page within a Stage. This article will go over where to find this setting and how to customize it.
The Purpose of Step Page Text
For each Required Stage for submission portal users within a Zengine program, Steps are the elements that users must complete before they can submit a Stage. The text that appears at the top of the pages where the step is accessed and completed by filling out all required fields can be customized to provide the user with information and instructions about the step. (For more information about Required and External Stages, see the article Submission Portal Key Concepts: Intermediate.)
The image below highlights where this text appears in the Step Page. (Note that this is an example image, and the specific contents will vary depending on the name of the Step and fields available on that Step Page.)
Where to Find the Step Page Text Setting
In the Submission Portal Settings, the Step Page Text formatting box can be found on the Form Pages tab of the Step Settings page for the specific Step to be edited.
To find the setting:
- Logged into a program as an administrator, navigate to the Settings & Tools section by selecting the cog wheel icon in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Submission Portal tile from the Plugin Settings section.
- Select the Edit button to the appropriate submission portal.
- To edit the Step page text, navigate to the Step needing changes by selecting the appropriate link for the Step in the Portal Sections panel on the left side of the screen. Multiple steps are highlighted in the screenshot below to show there may be more than one.
- Selecting a Step in the Portal Sections panel will change the contents of the right panel and display the Step Settings, as shown below.
- Select the Form Pages tab.
Customize Step Page Text
- In the Step Form Messaging formatting box, enter the desired information and/or instructions and format as needed.
There are several standard formatting options available to customize the appearance of the text, including changing the font and text size; displaying text as bold, italicized, or underlined; changing font highlights or text colors; changing text alignment; adding bulleted or numbered lists; and creating hyperlinks.
- Select the blue Save all settings button in the lower right corner of the screen to save the changes.