This article is considered appropriate for administrators or workspace users with an intermediate level of knowledge about submission portals. If you are a beginner, we recommend reading the following article first:
For more information about suggested learning paths, see Introduction to Submission Portals (Start Here).
A submission portal in Zengine is made up of various Stages through which an application package moves. Stages that require a portal user to complete tasks or submit information (known as Required Stages) have associated Steps to allow these kinds of actions.
Administrators can easily delete Steps in a program’s workflow, if needed. This article provides the instructions on how to delete a Step.
Note that if an administrator wants to move a Step to a different Stage in the submission portal workflow, instructions to do so can be found in the article Moving a Step to a Different Stage in the Submission Portal.
Where to Find the Setting
In the Submission Portal Settings, the option to delete a Step is located on the Step Settings page for the specific Step which an administrator wants to delete.
To delete a Step:
- Logged into a program as an administrator, navigate to the Settings & Tools section by selecting the cog wheel icon in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Submission Portal tile from the Plugin Settings section.
- Select the Edit button to the appropriate submission portal.
- To delete a Step, navigate to the desired Step in the Portal Sections pane on the left side of the screen. Multiple Steps are highlighted in the screenshot below to show there may be more than one.
- Selecting a Step in the Portal Sections pane will change the contents of the right panel and display the Step Settings.
Deleting a Step
After navigating to the desired Step to delete:
- Scroll to the bottom of the Step Settings screen and select the red Delete [Step Name] button on the lower left corner of the screen.
Please note that the label of the button will reflect the name of the Stage and that the options present on this screen may vary by Step Type.
- A pop-up window will appear prompting confirmation of the step deletion by typing the Step name in the box.
- Once the name of the Step is entered into this box, the Continue button will become selectable. Select the Continue button to finish deleting the Step.
- The Step will now be removed from the submission portal workflow, and will no longer be visible in the Portal Sections pane on the left side of the screen.
Considerations When Deleting a Step
When deleting a Step:
- The Step will no longer be present for any portal users accessing that particular Stage.
- All configuration settings for that Step will also be deleted; if an administrator deletes a Step by mistake and adds it back to the submission portal afterwards, the configuration settings will need to be reconstructed.
- Deleting a Step will not affect the Zengine workspace form that was previously associated with this Step, nor any data that exists in the form. If a portal user was in the process of completing that Step when it was deleted, they will not be able to finish completing the Step, but their data will be saved in the workspace as a Draft record.